It is important that you call the police immediately if you have been in a car accident. Once the police are called, an officer will be dispatched to the accident scene.
Once there, the officer will complete an accident report that should include such information as
- The time and date of the accident;
- The location of the accident;
- Information about the parties involved in the accident;
- Information regarding the location and amount of damage to each vehicle;
- A diagram/drawing of the accident scene and an explanation of how the accident occurred;
- Possible citations that were issued as a result of the accident.
This information will be very helpful in later showing what happened at the accident scene.
If you hire a davenport car accident attorney, they will usually request that report from the proper police department. If you chose to obtain the report yourself, you should call the police department and request the report be provided to you.